Tuesday, June 13, 2006

MENTAL HEALTH APPEAL (HOLE4) “light sequence again”

After trying a hundred different combinations with the Hole filenames and not coming to the following conclusion… a password was reported today via the steps listed below:
The file names for Hole 2, 3, & 4 are: q9als2002, t9agen75, and u8egnce86.
Persephone's message, “+1 timeless together”, is a clue that we should, 1) time less = remove the dates from the sequence and 2) together = put the rest together. So, if you take away 2002, 75 and 86 (the time) from the file names, you are left with "q9alst9agenu8egnce" and if you use simple alphanumeric replacement (9=1 and 8=h) you get "qialstiagenuhegnce" which is an anagram for "light sequence again".

Go to the Mental Health Appeal page and enter the password into the “Inquire Today” box (you can use either the "Inquire Today" link or by clicking on the quote at the top of the screen.) You’ll see a computer monitor on a table in the background. The page flashes and the sound ‘crunches’ but each time the light comes up the monitor becomes a hotlink. Click on the monitor. The monitor becomes larger and the following letter covers the entire page:

“The VIK Institute

PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

Dr. Armand Zander, M,D., PhD.
Director, The VIK Institute
870 Vik, ICELAND

Dr. Thomas Werner Mittlewerk
The Hanso Foundation
Orsund Klegvjiel 544
DK 1604 Copenhagen V Den-
mark

Dr Mittelwerk:

It is with profound anger that I submit this complaint. I understand The Hanso Foundation prides itself on experimentation and innovation – but what is going on in my own hospital has left me extremely confused about my mission.

I was recruited to the directorship of the Vik Institute with a promise that I would be given the cutting edge of technology for the benefit of my patients. Instead, I find myself prisoner in a hall of mirrors.

Day in and day out, new doctors not on my staff enter and exit the hospital. Last night, twenty of my autistic savant patients were administered secret proprietary memory tests without my consult or consent by doctors whom I have never seen before – and then there is, of course, the third sub-basement.

Never in my twenty years of treating the mentally ill have I seen the like. A secret ward containing patients who illness is unknown to the hospital’s director? It is, I regret to say, absurd and offensive.

I am responsible for the lives of hundreds of patients, but I cannot, in good conscience, take that responsibility if I am hamstrung by a secret program of experimentation taking place under my own nose.

The bottom line is, I expect a full account of the activities taking place in my hospital. If you are unable, or unwilling to comply, I may just be forced to tender my resignation.Regretfully yours,Armand Zander.”

Click on the letter and the following message displays on the computer screen:
“WELCOME…
CLICK HERE TO PLAY.”

Click on the computer screen and the following message appears.

“I WILL NOW PLAY A SEQUENCE OF SYMBOLS.
YOU WILL HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS SEQUENCE AND
PLAY IT BACK ONCE I FINISH.
GET AN EXTRA APOLLO BAR FROM YOUR INSTRUCTOR IF YOU
MANAGE TO REMEMBER MORE THAN 42 TURNS.

READY?”

Click READY? and…

Be prepared to spend a mindless hour or so typing hieroglyphic branded colors into the computer (if I ever hear my wife say purple again I don’t know what I’ll do). You get minor clues at the numbers (4,8,15,16,23, 42) until at 42 you get:

"Department of Heuristics and Research Material Applications"....D.H.A.R.M.A.

There is a bit of a delay during the loading of the Vik Institute letter when the computer name changes from DR. VIK to TOMMY//32 before the letter appears. Also, the buttons matching both the spacing of the clock in the hatch and the order in which the hieroglyphs appear when the numbers have not been entered plus the Apollo bar reference further reinforces the connection between the Dharma Initiative Lost fans are seeing on the island and the Hanso Foundation.

No comments: