Tuesday, September 19, 2006

RETRIEVERS OF TRUTH UPDATE

ROT UPDATE

There are strange happenings at the Retrievers of Truth site. The password is still “Steinbeck”.There is a new post entry made with the date of 09/13/06 but which was not there yesterday. It actually looks like it was posted on September 19th and not September 13th. I can’t help but think this may have been a typo. The title refers to the Rockwell (Kenneth William Gordy) hit single, “Somebody's Watching Me,” which after reading the entry will become apparent.

The transcript reads:

It appears Rockwell wasn't just a one hit wonder. - 09/13/06

iobiSeeingYou 7:01am Alert! Calling all ROT'ers!

BroadBandBeatnik 7:03am Present.

DSLerator 7:04am Here.

Fiberoptician 7:05am Don't yell, it's still early...

iobiSeeingYou 7:07am I have some vital information I must immediately bring to your attention.
Fiberoptician 7:09am Someone raided your cookie stash?

iobiSeeingYou 7:11am Halt the sarcasm. This is serious business.

DSLerator 7:13am Spill your beans.

ioboiSeeingYou 7:15am Ok. I had a really odd encounter last night on my way home. I left work a little later than usual and was attempting to catch a cab. There was a guy hailing a cab on the same corner. Well no cabs showed up for a while so I decided to try my luck elsewhere and walk a few blocks down. The guy followed me. Ok you may think he also didn't want to be stuck without transportation, but there was something weird about the way he walked. I could have sworn he tried really hard to appear casual and unassuming. I started getting a little nervous and was relieved when a cab finally turned the corner and slowed down by me. As I was jumping in, I turned around to check this guy out once more.... He was smiling at me. One of those creepy, knowing smiles. And then I could have sworn I heard him say, "iobi."

BroadBandBeatnik 7:20am Whoa!

DSLerator 7:23am Hmm... Are you sure he said "iobi"? Could you have just been tired and confused?

iobiSeeingYou 7:24am I heard it.

Fiberoptician 7:27am Well your paranoia could have impaired your hearing. Why would someone be trying to follow you?

iobiSeeingYou 7:29am Umm. I don't know, let me think. Oh I got it. Because I'm a Retriever of Truth. Because for the last few months I've been actively involved with people who want to overthrow and destroy the Hanso foundation. Because I'm an obvious threat. Do I need to knock some sense into you?

Fiberoptician 7:31am Ok, ok. All I'm saying is you are not that cute. Hehe. Sorry.

DSLerator 7:34am Take it easy Fiber. She can be dangerous when provoked.
iobiSeeingYou 7:36am Don't any of you guys see what I'm saying? The Hanso Foundation may very well be reading these very lines. Yes, we haven't seen them lurking around our offices for a while, but we are FAR from being completely rid of them...

BroadBandBeatnik 7:37am She could be onto something...

DSLerator 7:39am It is a dangerous game we're playing.

BroadBandBeatnik 7:43am We all know the Foundation execs are still out in the real world.

iobiSeeingYou 7:44am Thank you!

DSLerator 7:46am And a wounded animal attempting to survive can be potentially more dangerous.

iobiSeeingYou 7:48am Exactly! I mean, do Hansoids just go ahead and disappear because a bunch of people got together and started exposing their true face? Heh. Maybe they are sitting around in a conference room right now, crafting an apology letter to us. It is too early to celebrate our victory and call it a day. Remember, as long as we are here, as long as we are working for this cause, none of us are safe.

Fiberoptician 7:50am That's quite a theory...

No comments: